TREATMENT IN PHYSIOTHERAPY
Treatment done in a pool with water temperatures of 33-38 degrees celcius.through the use of buoyant devices and varied depths of immersion,the practitioner may position the patien in various waywith any desired amount of weight bearing.the therapeutic intervention using water including stretching,strengthening,joint mobilization,balance.gait training and endurance training.
Goals for hydrotherapy:
· Pain relief
· Facilitate cardiovascular exercise
· increase range of motion
· minimize risk of injury during rehabilitation
· improve patient’s strength
most commonly used for:
· chronic lower back pain-Low back pain is a common musculoskeletal symptom that may be either acute or chronic. It may be caused by a variety of diseases and disorders that affect the lumbar spine.
· spinal cord injuries-injury to spinal cord which cause by the damage of nerve root that carry signals to and from brain.
· Stress-any situation or thought that make you feel angry,nervous,anxiety and frustrated.
· Arthritis-inflammation of the joint which cause pain,swelling and stiffness.
· cerebral palsy-disorders affecting body movement and muscle coordination.brain cannot control muscle and movement properly.
Shortwave diathermy treatment
The therapeutic elevation of temperatures in the tissue by using high frequency electric current between two electodes.these cause molecules in deep tissue vibrate,heating the tissue and increasing the blood flow.
· relaxation of muscle
· relief of pain
· accelerate recovery
Normally used for:
· osteoarthritis-also known as degenerative joint disease.it is a progressive disorder of the joint caused by gradual loss of cartilage.
· Tendinitis-inflammation,swelling and irritation of a tendon which cause pain.
· Bursitis-inflammation of bursa,lubricating sac,over a joint,between tendons and muscles or bones.
· Neuritis-the inflammation of a nerve or a group of nerve which cause pain,loss of reflexes and atrophyof the affected muscles.
· Strains-injured by overexertion
Hydrocollator pack treatment
A hydrocollator pack is a silica gel fi lled pack that is soaked in hot water to
provide prolonged moist heat. A hydrocollator pack is good in any situation
that requires penetrating heat.
· Relaxation of muscle
· Reducing pain
Usually used for
· Muscle strain
· Muscle spasm
Massage treatment uses “TOUCH” to apply pressure to the body’s skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments.
· Increase blood flow
· Lowering blood pressure
· Healing injury or pain
· Reduce the aversion to touch
· Re-energizing muscle
· Stimulate the nerve
Usually used for
· Autism- Autism is a complex developmental disability by result of a neurological disorder that affects the normal functioning of the brain.
· Post-operative patient-recently had a surgery
· Arthritis-inflammation of the joint which cause pain,swelling and stiffness
· Asthma-common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways characterized by variable and recurring symptoms, reversible airflow obstruction, and bronchospasm
· Eczema-A noncontagious inflammation of the skin, characterized chiefly by redness, itching, and the outbreak of lesions that may discharge serous matter.
· Cystic fibrosis-A hereditary disease of the exocrine glands, usually developing during early childhood and affecting mainly the pancreas, respiratory system, and sweat glands
· Lower back pain